Share This Article
Senior Project Manager
Position Title: Senior Project Manager
Join a team that is determined to lead the way as a highly respected and diverse company that provides innovative solutions, service, and value to clients and communities on a global scale. Keystone Group is a real estate development, construction, and property management company located in downtown Indianapolis. We pride ourselves on projects that transform communities with an emphasis on mixed-use, multi-family, office, and retail. Keystone companies are among the most successful and fastest growing in the Midwest.
This position is responsible for representing Keystone Construction with clients, consultants, and subcontractors on virtually any range of subjects related to construction. Project Managers are required to make construction project decisions on behalf of the company. In addition, this position plans, directs, coordinates and/or budgets construction projects, with the help of an estimator and project superintendent. Project Managers may participate in the conceptual development of a construction project and oversee its organization, scheduling and implementation. In the performance of this function, it is the Project Manager’s responsibility to protect and promote Keystone Construction’s interests in all matters and to do whatever is reasonably necessary to carry out the position’s duties and responsibilities. The Project Manager is responsible for and will be held accountable for the timely completion of the project and ensuring that the project is constructed in strict accordance with plans, specifications, and local codes.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Direct team members (employees and consultants) at all levels of contract administration.
- Control any number of projects at various stages of work.
- Review records of accounts and inputs entries into proper accounts.
- Work with superintendents to plan, organize, and direct activities of construction projects.
- Establish project objectives, policies, procedures, and performance standards within boundaries of company policy and contract specifications.
- Confer with superintendents on work procedures, complaints, and construction problems.
- Initiate and maintain liaison with owners and other contacts to facilitate project activities.
- Monitor and control project through administrative direction of on-site superintendent to ensure project is completed on schedule and within budget.
- Investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
- Administer construction contracts and conducts periodic onsite observation of work during construction to monitor compliance with plans.
- Represent company in project meetings and attend strategy meetings.
- Prepare studies and reports.
- Direct activities of workers engaged in preparing drawings and specification documents.
- Work with contract administrator to manage financial aspects of contracts to protect company’s interest and simultaneously maintain good relationship with the customer.
- Interpret and explain plans and contract terms to administrative staff, workers, and clients.
- Formulate reports concerning work progress, costs and scheduling.
- May requisition supplies and materials to complete project.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree in construction management, construction science, construction engineering, civil engineering or a related field and at least ten years of project management experience in multi-family, mixed-use, urban high rise, and/or commercial construction. Competencies for this position include:
- Proven experience in construction project management.
- Ability to successfully communicate internally and externally to meet project goals and timelines.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Strong mathematical skills with practical application experience on construction job sites.
- Teamwork orientation, with the ability to work independently and communicate updates to the team.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Results oriented and solution focused mindset, demonstrating strong problem solving and analytic skills.
- Experience with oversight of the financial management of construction projects.
- Ability to perform all essential functions listed within the position description.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
Having a master’s degree and/or at least fifteen years of construction project management experience in at least two of the following asset classes is preferred for this position: multi-family, mixed-use, retail, medical, hotel, high-rise, and/or educational construction projects. In addition, having successfully managed and completed many large-scale construction projects from beginning to end would be highly preferred for this position.