Share This Article
Reports To: Property Manager
Classification: Full-time, Non-Exempt
If you are ready to join a thriving company with great benefits, an exciting culture, and professional development opportunities, it is time to look at joining the dynamic team at Keystone Group. Keystone is determined to lead the way as a highly respected and diverse company that provides innovative solutions, service, and value to clients and communities on a global scale. Keystone Group is a real estate development, construction, and property management company located in downtown Indianapolis. We pride ourselves on projects that transform communities with an emphasis in mixed use, multi-family, office, and retail. Keystone companies are among the most successful and fastest growing in the Midwest.
The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance operations of the residential community. This position is located at The Olivia in Carmel, and oversees and coordinates the installation, maintenance, and repair work for the incumbent’s assigned property. The Maintenance Supervisor is responsible for managing the maintenance team, regularly inspecting the residential community, executing the maintenance work, and maintaining equipment. This position must maintain a professional and courteous manner with residents, visitors, contractors, and fellow employees, at all times. The Maintenance Supervisor must have the ability to follow oral and written instructions and be able to maintain effective and cooperative working relationships. A successful Maintenance Supervisor possesses outstanding knowledge of building trades, cleaning procedures, and maintenance, as well as demonstrates excellent leadership skills and a top-notch communication style. This position receives an 80% discount on market rate rent for a unit within the residential community the incumbent is assigned to.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Inspect sites regularly to identify problems and necessary maintenance, including electrical, plumbing, HVAC, carpentry, and painting work.
- Prepare weekly maintenance schedules and allocate work as per forecasted workloads.
- Repair and treat structures such as showers, sinks, appliances, doors, cabinets, walls, and building exteriors.
- Supervise and train maintenance technicians.
- Prepare ready apartment units for new move-ins.
- Inspect HVAC systems for repairs, maintenance, and replacement.
- Coordinate daily cleaning and maintenance activities.
- Ensure repairs and maintenance work is completed on time and within budget.
- Maintain inventory and equipment, ensuring proper storage.
- Complete grounds work, including grounds pick up, sweeping, and light landscaping.
- Maintain community pool.
- Coordinate special projects.
- Comply with all health and safety regulations and industry best practices on site.
- Conduct follow-ups on maintenance and repair work.
- Conduct and/or assist with safety inspections, as scheduled.
- Establish strategies to meet workload demands on time.
- Available and willing to be part of the on-call rotation for 24-hour maintenance.
This position requires a high school diploma/GED, coupled with previous experience as a Maintenance Supervisor in property management or real estate. Additional required competencies for this position include:
- HVAC Certification.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Live within a 20-minute travel range of Carmel, IN or live on-site at the residential community.
- Possess necessary skills and knowledge to effectively handle all essential functions.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with all levels of an organization.
- Working knowledge of all rules and regulations surrounding property management.
- Experience leading and mentoring maintenance technicians.
- Computer literate with capability in email, MS Office and related communication tools.
- Desire for continual learning.
Having at least three-years’ experience as a Maintenance Supervisor is preferred for this position. Additional preferred competencies for this position include:
- Proven ability to fully understand and effectively maintain a budget.
- Track record of spotting ways to effectively reduce and/or control expenses.
- Excellent problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills.
- Exceptional eye for detail.
- Strong organizational skills.