Share This Article
The HR manager is an in-office position that guides and manages all functions within the Human Resources department, including all people services, policies, and programs. This position serves as the point of contact for employees and external partners in connection with human resource queries, as well as leads the efforts in connection with human resource projects. The primary responsibility of this position is to lead all human resource practices and objectives to create an employee-oriented, high performance culture. The HR Manager provides services for Keystone Group and related entities. Common duties of this position include, but are not limited to, onboarding and termination processes for company personnel, data management, benefit administration, employee performance management, employee relations, recruiting, maintenance of company’s HRIS, compensation administration, and administrative human resource practices. This position is also responsible for leading the culture committee and serving as a project manager for culture committee efforts to assure successful implementation of programs. A proactive nature and independent judgement are required to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Oversee compensation and benefits administration, maintaining employee benefit programs and informing employees on benefit information.
- In charge of onboarding process for new hires and termination process for exiting personnel.
- Maintain and update company’s HRIS, including the correction and resolution of any system issues.
- Ensure all employee related information is updated for each payroll period.
- Administer and maintain performance management and improvement systems.
- Audit and maintain employee records, including employee lists.
- Provide guidance to supervisors and management in connection with employee issues.
- Ensure compliance with employment laws and regulations.
- Serve as the point of contact for employee questions in connection with human resource related subjects.
- Development and implementation of company policy and documentation.
- Lead employee relations efforts and programs, including the culture committee, ensuring successful program implementation.
- Prepare and send employee communications, as assigned.
- Represent company at community events and job fairs, as needed.
- Lead and/or assist with employee immigration process.
- Update and maintain position descriptions and job requirements for all team members.
- Manage employee parking and resolve issues expediently, when needed.
- Develop and maintain external partner relationships in connection with human resource and community outreach efforts.
- Conduct human resource related audits to ensure compliance with government regulations and internal policies.
- Participate in recruiting and interviewing process.
- Monitor employee training, ensuring completion of required courses by each team member.
- Review and approve HR related invoices.
- Assemble highly confidential and sensitive information, while maintaining strict confidentiality, both internally and externally.
*Other duties, as assigned.
Non-Essential Functions and Other Duties
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Other duties and activities may be assigned by senior management and essential functions are subject to change at any time with or without notice.
This position requires:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, or a related field.
- At least five years of progressive HR experience.
- Proven experience in HR and administrative functions, including an understanding of employment regulations, laws, and compliance requirements.
- Intermediate skill level in Microsoft Office programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Experience within payroll and human resource information systems.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Keen attention to detail.
- High ethical standards.
- Experience tracking progress on simultaneous projects and compliance requirements.
- Ability to maintain a pleasant demeanor in difficult situations.
- Organizational skills with the ability to prioritize projects.
- Flexibility with work schedule for when extended work hours or days are needed.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret details of contracts and agreements.
Position preferences for this position include:
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or business management.
- At least eight years of progressive human resource experience with three or more of those years in management.
- Experience using ADP Workforce Now.
- Experience representing organizations and positively interacting with the public at community events and/or job fairs.
- Professional HR designation (PHR/SPHR or SHRM CP/SCP)