We recognize our PEOPLE AS OUR PRIMARY ASSETS
To be successful, Keystone must be a rewarding place to work. We provide opportunities for professional growth to help our team reach their potential.
Without great people, we couldn’t achieve such great results for our clients. We believe in creating a work environment that rewards individuals for continued growth, dedication, lifelong learning, hard work, and exceptional contributions to clients, the company, and the community.
If you’re interested in being part of a team that values and rewards those qualities, please review our open positions and consider building your career with Keystone.
Building Operations Manager
Position Title: Building Operations Manager
Reports To: Tom Graham, Senior Property Manager
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
The Building Operations Manager is responsible for troubleshooting, investigating, and making repairs and/or replacement recommendations on specialized building services equipment and systems. This position requires advanced and extensive experience with specialized building systems and knowledge of tools and testing equipment typically used in the industry. The Building Operations Manager directs and manages assigned specialized work orders and capital/extra-ordinary maintenance projects in such areas as repair, adjustment, improvement, or preventative/corrective maintenance of building HVAC, electrical, plumbing, structural, pavement, or landscaping elements. This position provides leadership, technical guidance, and assistance to maintenance staff and outside contractors and consultants in the completion of their assigned work orders and tasks. The Building Operations Manager reports directly to the Senior Property Manager, but may indirectly report to the Vice President of Asset Management and Development.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Troubleshoot, diagnose, identify, and assist, as needed, to repair or replace failures of all types in (i) electrical power, lighting, and emergency power equipment and distribution systems including emergency generators and UPS systems, (ii) plumbing and piping systems and equipment such as domestic water pumps, lavatory fixtures, and water heaters; HVAC circulating pumps, control valves, and loop piping; and storm and sanitary vents and drains, and (iii) DDC and pneumatic thermostats and controls, rooftop units, chillers, towers, Liebert units, VAV boxes, heat pump units, re-heat coils, unit heaters, motors, and building management and control systems or components. Take, record, and analyze non-destructive test equipment readings and determine necessary corrective action.
• Direct and manage assigned specialized work orders and capital and extra-ordinary maintenance projects, as assigned, for the repair, adjustment, replacement, preventative maintenance, or improvement of property systems and components, such as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, structural, landscaping, pavements, etc. Provide instruction and guidance to maintenance staff, consultants, contractors, and service vendors, as needed, ensuring that all work is correctly performed in a safe, timely, and cost effective manner.
• Assist in developing and implementing equipment preventative maintenance programs to enhance the operation of the facility, improve operating efficiency, and extend the life cycle of structural, roofing, HVAC, electrical and plumbing equipment and systems. Assemble and maintain a comprehensive listing of all equipment to be maintained, maintenance procedures to be performed, and the frequency required for maintenance tasks. Monitor work order activity, maintenance logs, and repair history on electrical, plumbing, and HVAC equipment, via Landport computerized maintenance management software. Make repair or replacement recommendations, as necessary, based on magnitude and frequency of repairs, age of equipment, and current comparable technology levels.
• Assist in developing and implementing the building and energy management systems for each property. Setup and maintain system criteria necessary for the procurement, operations, maintenance, and monitoring of HVAC, plumbing, and/or electrical systems. Coordinate the installation, setup, and calibration of all new components added to the system. Maintain system database and have complete working knowledge of all control programs. Recommend upgrades and enhancements to portfolio-wide system applications. Utilize collected trend data to diagnose problems within the operating environment, improve environmental control and conditions, and reduce energy expenses.
• Monitor, inspect, supervise, and coordinate work of service vendors and contractors for such items as service agreements, contracted repairs, and when assigned, tenant improvement and/or buildout construction. Review and provide recommendations on standardized portfolio vendors and suppliers for tenant improvement and/or buildout construction. Resolve questions, issues, or conflicts, as they arise, in accordance with corporate policies, procedures, and guidelines, escalating unresolved issues to management in a timely manner.
• Provide property inspections and due diligence reports, as requested, including, but not limited to, building MEP systems, interiors, exteriors, parking areas and structures, and grounds.
• Review new construction plans, specifications, scopes of work, equipment submittals, etc. to determine compliance with corporate standards and expectations. Manage and direct the equipment commissioning at project completion and turnover. Attend punchlist walkthroughs and inspect work as completed for compliance with construction documents and corporate standards. Resolve questions, issues, or conflicts, as they arise, in accordance with corporate policies, procedures, and guidelines, escalating unresolved issues to management in a timely manner.
• Review and approve invoices for assigned capital or extra-ordinary maintenance services rendered to the property, verifying that the invoiced cost is appropriate for the work performed.
• Negotiate and evaluate estimates, bid proposals, and service specifications and expectations, recommending contract awards for the various outside services and supplies required for smooth property operations, such as, but not limited to, elevators, landscaping, HVAC, cleaning services/supplies, utility services, and capital or extra-ordinary maintenance projects.
• Evaluate and approve requisitions for tools, equipment, and supplies, as requested. Compare costs and vendors, and choose or recommend the most competitive or efficient ones. Establish and monitor tool and inventory control systems.
• Assist property managers in formulating and developing annual property budgets and operating plans, to include items such as utilities, landscaping, service contracts, cleaning, maintenance activities, supplies, and capital expenditures. Provide information for budgeting, planning, and scheduling to ensure proper utilization of resources and services in accomplishing goals and objectives in a timely manner.
• Monitor property budgets, on a routine basis, with focus on utility, maintenance, and repair line items, and assist in controlling expenditures to conform to budgetary requirements.
• Develop and maintain excellent relationships with tenants and customers, and coach and encourage the same from staff.
• Remain current on industry regulatory, maintenance, and engineering related issues and guide maintenance staff compliance with local, state and federal laws, regulations, and guidelines such as BOCA, NFPA, OSHA, ASME, ASHRAE, MSDS, and ADA. Interface and coordinate with various governmental or regulatory agencies as required.
• Assume a lead role on the Emergency Response Team. Develop and maintain necessary after-hours and emergency on-call coverages and services. Be available to respond to, coordinate, and assist as directed, to clear damage caused by severe weather, medical emergency, fire, or catastrophic building systems failure. Assist emergency personnel, maintenance staff, contractors, service vendors, and utility representatives to restore essential building services as quickly as possible.
Non-Essential Functions and Other Duties
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of job functions or responsibilities that are required to successfully perform this position. Other duties and activities may be assigned by senior management and essential functions are subject to change at any time with or without notice.
This position requires a bachelor’s degree or a high school diploma and equivalent years’ experience in engineering, business, management, or a related field and at least 7 years’ experience in Commercial building maintenance, engineering, operations, or related field. Competencies for this position include:
1. Successful and progressive track record with commercial maintenance duties, responsibilities and projects, with a focus on understanding, defining, troubleshooting, and analyzing complex building systems and maintenance tasks.
2. Ability to write reports, perform basic algebraic and geometric analysis, and develop and recommend policies, standards, and procedures.
3. Capacity to read and understand construction blueprints, specifications, and equipment submittals and manuals.
4. Exceptional leadership skills
5. Excellent oral and written communication skills, with high customer service focus
6. Strong computer and analytical skills.
7. Results oriented and solution focused
8. High degree of accountability.
9. High degree of professionalism/ability to interact with diverse groups to achieve results.
10. Ability to multitask, prioritize, and meet changing deadlines.
11. Mechanical inclination and aptitude.
12. Possess a valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and an acceptable driving record.
13. Must possess knowledge of and be familiar with trades and tools, HVAC and electrical testing equipment, telephones, computers, two-way radio communications, and other various testing equipment and tools used in the maintenance and operations of buildings and systems, in order to understand and support day-to-day operations and needs
Having at least 12 years’ experience in Commercial building maintenance, engineering, operations, or related field. Preferred competencies include:
1. EPA HVAC certification: Type I, Type II, or Universal.
2. Completion of first aid and CPR training.
3. Completion of OSHA training.
4. Completion of Biohazard waste training
This is a full-time position that operates in multiple work environments, including, but not limited to, a professional office environment, indoor job sites, outdoor job sites, mechanical rooms, and construction job sites. During the course of work, this position routinely uses standard office equipment, as well as maintenance and repair tools and equipment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts, and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud.
The following physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position is considered active and requires sitting, standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, climbing (both stairs and ladders), and walking on roofs over two stories high. The employee must be able to regularly lift and/or move items over 25 pounds, frequently lift and/or move items over 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move items over 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Personal Work Relationships
Must have the ability to work well with other employees, as well as with the general public, while maintaining a positive attitude at all times.
Minimal to no travel is expected for this position.
Indirectly supervises building maintenance employees and consultants, in connection with company properties and projects. Responsibilities may include training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, essential functions, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.Apply For This Position +
June 13, 2019
Maintenance Technician Job Opening
Keystone Realty Group, LLC – Carmel, IN
APARTMENT MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN for Sofia Square Luxury Apartments
Responsible for the day‐to‐day maintenance operations of the community. Essential duties include but are not limited to:
1) Electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and painting
2) Repairing and treating structures such as showers, sinks, appliances, doors/cabinets, walls and building exteriors
3) Make ready units for new move‐ins
4) Have a working knowledge of HV/AC systems for repairs and replacement.
5) On-call rotation for 24-hour maintenance.
6) Complete grounds work such as: grounds pick up, sweeping, and light landscaping
7) Pool maintenance experience required
8) Coordinate special projects as directed by Supervisor
9) If living offsite, travel time to Carmel must not exceed 20 minutes.
Technician must maintain a professional and courteous manner with residents, visitors, contractors and fellow employees. Maintenance Tech must have the necessary tools to effectively complete tasks outlined above. One must have the ability to follow oral and written instructions and be able to maintain effective and cooperative working relationships.
Education/Qualifications: High School Diploma or GED Required. HV/AC Certification Required. Valid Driver’s License and Reliable Transportation Required.
Keystone Realty Group, LLC is locally owned and offers full benefits.
This position also offers a 50% discount on housing.
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintenance Technician: 2 years (Preferred)
Apply For This Position +
February 25, 2019
Keystone is always looking for talented people to join our team, even if we don’t have immediate positions available. Please send us your resume and let us know your talents.Apply For This Position +
May 4, 2015